So its not quite summer yet but its 90 degrees here tooday so here it goes…
1. Fun Runs! The hubs is just about to run his first full marathon so because of his serious training time, I decided to schedule mostly fun runs. My daughter and I did the Color Me Rad 5k this past weekend. Even though it did not feel very summery then , it was a blast. Bethlehem came out in full force for this fun event. This event is all about fun…there wasn’t even a clock at the finish! On the schedule yet this summer is the Spartan Sprint and Hero Rush…and whatever other fun stuff comes up…
2. Beer summer Variety Cases! I am loving Magic Hat’s Summer Scene pack. Yummy! Magic Hat rarely disappoints and this case is no different. I like that it has just 4 beers verses the six that many breweries do. Elder Betty, blind faith, Magic hat number 9 and the new girl on the block, Higu- a hibiscus cucumber ale. Cucumber, you say? Hibiscus you say? It’s good though. definitely has a floral undertone which is interesting for sure but I highly recommend you give it a try. Not often you get to drink flowers after all.
3. Summer running!!! Yes its hot and sweaty…both tings I happen to love by the way! I just love how my muscles are ready to go with no real warm up required.
4. Neon colors- I am not afraid to sport a nice neon top in winter but in summer it seems almost required. As a child of the eighties the resurgence of neon is one of my most favoritest thing ever!
5. Hoola Hooping and working out Boot Camp style!!!! The owner of Sweat like a Girl had a day off to attend her kiddo’s preschool graduation so Hoola Sweat took place of pilates today. It was my first hoop class and even though I sucky suck suck at it that shit was FUN!! Silly old fashioned fun. LOVED it! My new goal is to make that thing stay around my hips for more than 5 seconds by the end of summer. My other favorite SLAG class is Sweatcamp. Oh its sooooo, hard and hot and maybe even painful but nothing makes me push myself more.❤ it!
5. And finally I know I am the only woman ever to say this but swim suit shopping!!!! I LOVE buying swimsuits. A couple of years ago I decided to buy a real legitimate two piece. Not a tankini but a two b]piece. And that has opened a whole new world o f options and baby I am loving it. Fuck it, we all have imperfections but we have strengths too and I am choosing to embrace those. I won’t be posting a pic here but if you see me poolside, let me know what you think.Better yet show me your great bathing suit find.. I could always use another.
Tell me what you are loving now!
Namaste bitches…until we meet again,